Marketing Transformation Challenge:
- In order for the Global healthcare company marketing to punch harder and dollars to go further, a new global custom AOR model was necessary along with marketing and brand transformation.
- An in-depth 2-day workshop was led by the Flock team with key stakeholders from regions making up the Global Marketing Team: North America, EMEA, LatAm, and APAC.
- To maintain existing relationships with 2 agency Holding Companies, but with a new custom AOR Model – therefore 2 Separate AORs, 1 Digital Spine, Media, & Production Platforms.
- Holding Companies proposed bespoke agencies to fill the new need and plans. Flock helped to negotiate and activate new agency structures.
- Planned for setup of new global ways of working, involving clarifying roles and responsibilities and setting KPIs, production decoupling, as well as the necessary tools for support.
- Entire construction and delivery of new AOR model was done within 12 weeks, new US Structure was stood up within 90 days.
Outputs and Benefits:
- Provided more centralized control and oversight to the CMO, Regions, and Exec Team on core brands.
- Consolidated brands within partner network by expertise. Allowed for more scalable, efficient and agile systems.
- By “cutting the tail” reduced global agency roster by 25-50% by region.
- Alignment of procurement and marketing around a single set of optimization “savings” targets by region.
- Evolved the agency pay-for-performance model with updated goals and objectives around transparency and cost predictability and established an internal database of historical activity level spend for future benchmarking purposes.
- Developed the “Marketing Taxonomy” architecture and workshop implementation by key brand functions.
- Advised on “Ways of Working” around the new structure, with dedicated external leadership teams charged with unifying brand and region output.
- Net Promoter Score +29
“Amazed we all landed on a similar model. … Positive optimism about a new agency model.”