It was great to meet so many of you last week at Procurecon Europe. Our Flock session on advanced marketing contracting was ‘sold out’ and well received and we also attended many other sessions, plus of course drinks and dinner!
We took away some key themes. Our top five are shown below, but we would love to know your thoughts on what impressed you!
- The most progressive procurement functions are engaged earlier, “higher” and in issues like structure, process and technology. Some procurement teams need help reaching this level of relationship with their marketing colleagues, and it clearly represents an evolved state for some.
- Integration and (as we at Flock call it) Integrated Marketing Procurement is seen as the “third wave” of marketing procurement and whilst it brings great value, is difficult for some to master.
- Media and production are still areas of maximum gains, and also where many procurement teams need specialist help from companies like Flock, but technology is the next horizon and new to many!
- Sadly there was still a great deal of mistrust of agencies and their motivations. Our session on Advanced Contracting showed how a good contract is not only essential, but also liberates great relationships, and better integrated work.
- Creativity. We were struck about how low on the agenda creativity was. Whilst critical to the success of marketing, agencies, and therefore procurement we were a little concerned as to how little attention was given to a core topic.
We have follow up meetings with many of you, but if your schedule was too tight to allow you to meet with us or you’d like to pick up on how we help companies like McDonald’s, Mondelez, Diago, Kellogg’s, Campbell’s, EY, Toyota/Lexus, and Britvic with the topics shown above then don’t hesitate to contact us here
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the conference, and the themes above, please don’t hesitate to contact us or follow us on social media for insights, ideas, and case histories.