Marketing Transformation Challenge
To establish the global media spend and move from a local market led media agency model to a consolidated global media agency to leverage buying power for a FTSE 150 tech company.
The Marketing Transformation Solution:
- Run a comprehensive data gathering, consolidation and analysis exercise across 15 global markets and two market reports to get an initial line of sight on media spend across the world.
- Engage an existing media agency providing them with a detailed brief to reboot their relationship with the client and take their role global.
- Manage the transition process from local to global agencies including creating a 30, 60, 90 day transition plan and drafting termination notices alongside the legal department.
- Conducted fee negotiations with the media agency to reduce global fees and make savings and efficiencies.
The Outputs & Benefits:
- Total transparency on media spend globally, a first, creating a platform for increased efficiencies.
- A global scope of work, with ways of working agreed with social media team.
- Increased senior resource to lead the team globally.
- Over $1.4 million of savings in relation to fees – savings reinvested in media.
- A unified, consolidated global media plan for all markets.
- Improved media specific contract terms agreed in the favour of the client on transparency
- DMP framework in place.
- Joint Business Plan in place with Google.
- Upskilling of the marketing and procurement team.