Have Media Agencies lost their Cannes creativity and does it matter?
Some shocking stats from Cannes this week:
- It was not a media agency that won the Cannes Media Grand Prix
- Media agencies only made up 28% of the Gold award winners in the Media Lions
- Media agencies only made up 13% of the Silver award winners in the Media Lions
- Media agencies only made up 11% of the shortlisted entries in the Media Lions
- Does this mean that media agencies are not creative?
- Does this mean media agencies are focussing on data and commoditised trading rather than creativity?
- Does this mean that creative agencies make better award videos?
- Does this mean that creative agencies enter more awards and spend more on awards?
- Or, does it mean none of these things, and that it does not matter who wins awards as long as the client receives brilliant innovative solutions from their agency ecosystem?
Our belief is that creativity in media is paramount from PPC to TV and that the ONLY way you get the best solutions is when creative, media, social, PR and any other agency work collaboratively to maximise the output.
See our blog here for how we think the best work is developed and see here the services we offer to bring together media and creative agencies.
Thanks for visiting the our Flock Blogging page, where we welcome your comments. Since this is a moderated blog, all comments will be reviewed prior to posting. As a result, there will be a delay in the posting of comments and not all comments will be posted. Comments may also be removed after they are posted. Thank you for your understanding.